Monday, September 15, 2014

3 Mascara Review

I'm always searching for the perfect mascara and it seems that something different works for everyone. Recently I've found these three mascara's and finally I found one that I can say I will definitely buy again. 


I'll start from the Diorshow Iconic Overcurl. It's great in that it reaches all the small lashes, but it doesn't create this 'curl' as advertised. I found that my lashes would become flatter after application. Also the consistency of the mascara itself is very wet, takes longer to dry than I'm used to. This is an inconvenience if you're looking to apply your make up quickly. 




Other than that, it lasted me about 2.5 weeks before it dried out, I've had this happen with Dior Mascaras in the past though I was hoping it wouldn't be the case this time. Unfortunately, it was. 

The second mascara is Rimmel's newest mascara: Wonder'Full. The mascara is with Argan Oil which is supposed to condition your eyelashes and keep them soft throughout the day. 

While it does have a light effect to it and definitely doesn't clump, I felt I had to put many layers in order to get the volume I wanted. 



The last mascara I want to review is my favourite of the three. The Givenchy Noir Couture 4 in 1 really does what it says it will. The brush is sort of divided into 3 brushes which makes applying the mascara to all the small lashes super easy. Not only that but it doesn't have a flattening effect and gives plenty of volume. The consistency of the mascara is not too wet and dries quickly, it also applies well, not needing more than 2 layers. I've been using it for around 2 weeks now and there's no sign of drying up! 





2 comments: